June 17, 2009

Pop

We celebrated my Dad's 86th birthday on Sunday. All his 4 living kids were there with our families. Ginger, his lady friend of many years also attended. Jim bbqd dogs and burgers per Dad's request. I burned a few special cds for atmosphere. Everyone had a good time.

At these family gatherings I can't avoid remembering my dear Mom and best friend/brother David, both of whom died within days of the other in 1988.

The family is blessed that Dad is still of right mind and body. He is active and vital mentally and physically. Sure he is slowing down a bit, moving a bit more slowly...cautiously...but, he's 86!

Dad is a man of his word and he has always said he will live to 104. So, Dad, here's to many more wonderful years ahead!!

Dad, of course, is my hero along with my Mom...as is the case with most kids and their parents. Dad, a WWII war vet, a life spent trying to provide for his family...day in day out...no complaining...just doing his job as Dad.
His life and example are a testament which I try to honor every day but too often fail.

Congratulations, Dad. And, happy birthday!!

Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home